Free Legal Assistance
Information for Prospective Clinic Clients
Who we are:
The Texas A&M Legal Clinics are a teaching law firm that offers the community a limited range of legal services free of charge. We offer these free services because it allows us to educate a new generation of lawyers that are responsive to their community’s legal needs. Our clinic offers legal services delivered by Texas A&M law students who are supervised by experienced lawyers.
What services we offer:
Our clinical program offers legal services that help individuals and community with:
- a range of family matters, including divorce, custody, and child welfare
- veterans benefits
- tax disputes and controversies
- immigration cases, including deportation defense
- issues that relate to affordable housing, access to legal services, small business development, municipal policy, consumer protection, and environmental justice in the local community
- consultations on a range of business issues, including entity formation, intellectual property protection, and contract drafting
- patents and trademarks
- wills and estates
Who is eligible for our services:
For many of our clinics, only low-income clients living in Tarrant County qualify for our services. Our staff will ask you questions about your income to determine if you are eligible. The specific eligibility requirements for each clinic will be provided on the individual clinic page.
Our program limitations:
Since we are an educational institution, we abide by an academic calendar. Clinics have a reduced workload over the summer. As a result, the best times to request legal services are December-January and August-September.
How to request representation:
To request representation, please call 817-212-4123.