"Texas A&M University is among the pioneers of change in tax education."
— Ernst & Young's Tax Insights
LL.M. & MLS Curriculum in International Tax
Texas A&M Law offers the premier online program with curriculum in international tax with a multidisciplinary, risk-management-focused approach. Our unique, industry-based online curriculum is vetted by and focuses on the needs of multinational corporations, large firms and governments. A degree from Texas A&M University, a Tier-1 research institution and one of the largest U.S. public universities, is recognized worldwide. Texas A&M’s online Master of Legal Studies or Master of Laws curriculum in International Tax is specifically designed for tax professionals, both lawyers and non-lawyers, whose careers demand an understanding of international taxation and related issues.
The Master of Legal Studies (MLS) curriculum in International Tax is 30-credit-hour program. The Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Tax is a 24-credit-hour program. This program offers a competitive advantage to any tax professional, including lawyers, accountants, finance executive, and economist, that advises multinational clients on business and investment, or that works within a tax (risk management) department.
- Industry-Responsive Curriculum: A tax-risk management approach with a focus on tax data management and risk analysis based on the results of in-depth industry research.
- Hanover Research, on behalf of Texas A&M, interviewed one-on-one and then validated by anonymous survey over 100 tax executives from multinational corporations, large firms and government. As a result, the program is designed with faculty and degree candidates that are multidisciplinary, including both tax lawyers and non-lawyer tax professionals, engaged together in teams.
- Flexible Online Delivery for Working Professionals: Study when and where you want with our state-of-the-art online format. This program is designed for working adults. You can complete the program on your schedule, while you continue working, enabling you and your classmates to share real-world examples and apply your education instantly. Ranked as a top-20 online graduate degree program in the U.S., Texas A&M University offers an asynchronous, engaging online platform.
- Incredible Student Experience: Texas A&M law offers small class sizes to ensure each student gets personal attention. These small class sizes allow you to forge strong connections with your classmates and to learn from each other’s experiences.
- Faculty Expertise & Leadership: The curriculum has been developed and is led by Professor William Byrnes, an international tax authority and globally recognized online education pioneer focused on student outcomes. The program’s faculty are multidisciplinary (e.g. lawyers, economists, accountants, data scientists) and include renowned authors, academics, tax executives of multinational corporations, and tax advisors from large firms.
- Strength of the Aggie Network: Texas A&M, the second largest U.S. public university, with over 500,000 former students, is one of only 60 accredited U.S. members of the American Association of Universities (R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity).
- 1 of only 17 U.S. universities that hold a triple U.S. federal designation (land, sea, and space)
- #1 endowment for U.S. public universities, #7 overall
- 1st among U.S. public universities for a superior education at an affordable cost
- 1st in the U.S. for most graduates serving as CEOs of Fortune 500 companies
Accelerate your career advancement with an LL.M. (for lawyers) or M.Jur. (for non-lawyers) with a focus in International Tax from Texas A&M Law. Contact us for more information or to request a call from a Texas A&M Law representative to discuss your options.
What People Are Saying About The Program:
– Ernst & Young’s Tax Insights, March 2016
Texas A&M University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, doctorate, and professional degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Texas A&M University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC's website (sacscoc.org).
The Masters of Jurisprudence and Master of Laws degree programs have obtained acquiescence from the American Bar Association (ABA).
Source: U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Rankings, 2019: Texas A&M University -- #16 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Education Programs
Source: U.S. News & World Report The Short List: Colleges -- Endowments
Source: Fiske Guide to Colleges, 2018
Source: Fortune, 2019